Monday, September 19, 2016

Vintage Table Upcycle!


While browsing the local thrift store, I came across this cute little table and chairs set. A sweet vintage drop-leaf table with two little matching chairs. It needed a bit of work, it was painted a terrible brown. I was so excited to get started on it that I never took a before picture. :( So this is the best I have.... I took this picture after I began to sand the paint off of the table top. As you can see, the top was in bad shape. My initial plan was to just stain the top with a dark stain like "Kona", But the marks on the top were still visible after I had applied the stain so  I decided on applying a stencil to the top as well. This is something I have done before and you can see it HERE  on this piece, since it has the drop sides, I started the pattern in the middle of the table and followed it out to the edges so that the pattern flowed across the entire top.
After finishing the table top, I painted the legs with a light gray chalk paint and topped that with clear wax. Then, I distressed the legs with sandpaper for a rustic look. I repeated this process with the chairs.


It turned out awesome! I'm really happy with it. Now, I just need to find a place for it!




Green Butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment