Saturday, August 25, 2012

The laundry room makeover! New floor!

My hubby and I are in the midst of a laundry room/mud room makeover. A lot of little projects are going on and some big ones to make this space more functional and of course more stylish. Here are some before shots.
Blah! Yucky! My first "big project" Is the floor. It is vinyl and it it completely ruined and stained from all of the muddy boots and shoes going in and out. I wanted something more durable and darker. so I found this Awesome tile at the local big box store...
It was literally the first one I saw. Perfect! And on sale... even better!
I have to say that on our own, my hubby and I might not have been so brave as to try laying a tile floor on our own. My Father-in-law was a professional so we asked him to help us out! (I cannot tell you how gratefull I am to have him around! Thanks, Dad!) So, the hubby and I ripped out the old floor with the help of our Youngest son! Ha! And together, The hubby and the Father-in-law put in the new tile.
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, the new floor definitely suits your bathroom, Kristi. In fact, the new one gives some much needed color and rustic texture on the space. Although your old floor looks okay, the new floor looks much better. And your husband and father-in-law did a pretty good job in putting the tiles. It looks like it’s done by a pro!

    -Wilbert Padilla

    ReplyDelete