Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Chandelier Makeover!


OK... This is my fabulous Chandelier! Of course it wasn't always this fabulous!
Our dining room had been the kids toy room for 6 years. It was usually a mess and is right in your face when you walk in the front door of our house. What a great welcome into our house...a messy toy room! So we decided make it into a dining room. After some re-organizing of the kids toys, we got a dining set and got to decorating! (My favorite part!) I wanted to replace the exisiting gold chandelier with something a little more stylish (actually a lot more stylish) but a new FANCY fixture was not going to fit into the budget least of all ones that I actually liked! So I decided to get crafty and see what I could do to the one I had. Here's the before
Yikes!
I ordered some crystals from THIS WEBSITE I definately wanted some Bling!  I decided to spray paint it with regular old spray paint in a satin finish. I did sand the fixture a little first and wiped it clean with a damp rag.
Then, my hubby drilled some holes in the candle holders for the crystals. Some of the crystals needed little hooks, so the hooks were glued on using E-6000. Then spray painted.

I hung the chandelier back up the hung the crystals from it and YEA! It rocks! 
I am so happy with how it turned out and I really didn't spend a whole lot of money doing the project. My dining room is a work in progress still. I will have to post some before and after pics of the room as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment