Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Painting Light Fixtures!

I had such a great result when I restyled my dining room chandelier, that I was inspirest to do something with the other fixtures in my house.
This is what my flush mount lighting fixtures used to look like. I really wasn't in to the gold rim that they had. Other than that they were fine. So, I bought some oil rubbed bronze metallic spray paint. I took the fixtures down and removed the glass domes. I did a little light sanding to the golden rim and wiped it clean with a damp cloth. Then, I took them outside and sprayed them. I gave them 2 good coats.

This is how they turned out! It cost me like $15.00 in Spray paint to do 3 of these. To buy new ones, it would have cost me at the very least $80.00! I love how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment