Monday, February 6, 2012

T-shirt to a drapped front top! Easy!

I saw this really cute sleeveless drape top online the other day and had to have it. But by the time I go around to actually buying it it was sold out! It was probably a good thing because I didn't need to spend the $92.00 for it.
So I did a little research... I saw this post by Anne on her blog WobiSobi. ( it is really great... thanks Anne for this inspiration) http://wobisobi.blogspot.com/2012/01/re-style54-five-minute-draped-vest-2.html Then, I thought if I added one stitch for the front, I could make a draped front top! So, I started with a basic black tee. Then I cut the neck out and the sleeves off and cut up the sides.
Then, I tried it on, inside out. I brought the bottom togetherto get the size for around my waist. I left it a little loose for taking on and off. Then, I carefully took the top off and laid it flat. From where I pinned I went straight across to the other side with a row of pins. Then, I machine sewed the line making sure to reinforce the ends of the stich by going backwards at the begining and the ending. Sorry I was so excited that I didn't take pics and I had to draw diagrams!
Next, I cut away the excess at the bottom of my stitch line.
Finally, I turned it right-side-out, And put it on!
I love it! I think it turned out so cute! I can't wait to wear it out and I think in warmer weather it will look so cute with a tank underneath. The best part is it only took me about 20 minutes and cost $3.00! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment