Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Upcycle Fan Gear! No SEW!

Go Blackhawks!! Gotta love the ladies' fan gear over the past few years! There are so many more choices and styles. The downside is the price... some of the really cute stuff is out of my budget. So here is a great way to save some $$$ or just to upcycle a shirt that needs some love. Also a great way to make the kids clothes last after they grow out of them...(I just thought of that and may have opened a whole new can of worms for myself there!) I got this shirt from my Sister.

 She said it didn't fit so I could have it! YAY! Well, it didn't fit me either but I knew there could be something done about that!
I got a matching shirt on the clearance rack ( Nice $4)! And decided to get to work!
Supplies:
  • 2 Shirts
  • 1 Pair of scissors
  • Fabric Glue

I cut out the graphics on the black shirt. Then I lined up the pieces to where I wanted them to be on the new shirt.
 

Using the fabric glue, I glued it into place. I used a piece of cardboard inside the shirt to keep the glue from going all the way through.

 
The great thing about this fabric glue is that you don't need to sew, or iron. The glue just needs to have about a day to dry! I wash it inside out and even throw it in the dryer and it really lasts. I like that I left the edge raw. It has a cool worn look.
Now I will be looking for some other shirts to restyle since this one was sooo easy!!! Come back and show me your projects, I'd love to see them!



No comments:

Post a Comment