Monday, March 23, 2015

Recipe: Reese's Puffs Treats! Our spin on Rice Krispies Treats:)

We love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at our house. It's a staple candy for us. Who doesn't love Reese's? Peanut Butter and Chocolate together.... MMMMmmmm! It's so delicious... Wait there is a Reese's Puffs Cereal!?!?! Oh My Gosh!!!!!
I am not a breakfast person for the most part so at first I did just buy this cereal for my kids. I eventually tried it, IT IS SO GOOD! (I really don't like cereal) So I was suprised that I liked it. Now there is always a box in our pantry. :)
 
We were trying to decide on a treat to make for dessert one night and I had a taste for rice krispies treats. I had all of the ingredients... except rice krispies cereal. Hmmmm.... What to do? Oh! There is a box of Reese's Puffs! Let's give this a whirl!
I started by using a basic Rice Krispies Treat Recipe.
 
1/2 cup butter
10 oz mini marshmallows
5 Cups Cereal
 
 
 
Then, I rubbed the pan I was using with a pat of butter.
 
 
 
In a pot, I melted the 1/2 cup of butter on medium to low heat.

 
One the butter was completely melted, I added the mini marshmallows.

 
And stirred,

 
And stirred.

 
And STIRRED. Untill the marshmallows were nice and smooth, and then turned off the heat.

 
Next, my assistant poured in the Reese's Puffs!

(My assistant is so cute!)

 
And then, we stirred it all together until it was well combined. This is my favorite part of making these treats because when you pour the Reese's Puffs into the pot, the warmth releases the chocolatey, peanut-buttery aroma of the cereal.

 
We poured it into the buttered pan. Then, I used a buttered spoon to smooth  it all down.

 
My assistant then added some green sugar sprinkles because it was nearing St. Patrick's Day! LOL!

 
And that's it! We let then cool and tried them later.
THEY WERE AWESOME!!!
We make them often and use different colored sprinkles to go with the seasons!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment